If you would like to volunteer at one of our events, we would would be extremely grateful. Thank you. We kindly ask you to read through all the terms and conditions (see below) and complete a form to say you understand and agree to them. It may all sound all very official, but we do need to ensure that you we do things properly for your safety and the safety of others. We also need to know a little bit about you, and ask you how much time you are willing to commit to and what volunteering services you would be happy to offer!
Once we have received your form we will be in touch with further details. You will also receive information regarding your lunch voucher, tickets for the day etc.
Any questions please just ask. Thank you.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
In Volunteering to assist at a Chantilly Grey Event (SHREWSBURY STEAMPUNK SPECTACULAR ), I (the “Volunteer”) hereby agree as follows: 1. I volunteer to assist in the activities related to the Event. I understand that my assisting/volunteering may involve risk of physical injury to me or others, or damage to my property, or other consequences, which might result from my own actions, in actions of negligence and/or the actions, inactions or negligence of others, the rules of the Event, condition of the premises, weather conditions, or condition of any of the equipment used in the Event. There may also be other risks not known or not reasonably foreseeable.
2. On behalf of myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors and assigns, and anyone else who might sue on my behalf, I HEREBY WAIVE, RELEASE, and FOREVER DISCHARGE Chantilly Grey, Events producers, Event partners, Event Exhibitors, Events staff, officials, contractors, vendors, and organisers all other persons or entities involved with the Event, and the officers, directors, employees, agents, insurers, other participants and representatives of all of the above (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from any and all claims, causes of action, damages, losses (economic and non-economic), and liabilities of every kind (collectively “Claims”), for death, personal injury, or property damage, which may arise out of, result from, or relate to my assistance/participation in, or my travelling to or from, any Event, including but not limited to any Claims for theft, damage to any equipment, negligence, partial or permanent disability, Claims relating to the provision of first aid, medical care, medical treatment, or medical decisions (at the Event site or elsewhere), and any Claims for medical or hospital expenses.
3. I assume any and all risks for injury to person or property, or any other consequence arising out of my assisting in, participating in, or volunteering in the Event, including travel en route to and from the Events. I am aware that as a volunteer I expose myself to potential hazards which include but are not limited to: kitchen accidents, cuts, burns, back injury from lifting, car accidents, property damage or injury to others in car accidents, falls, muggings, etc. Potential hazards have been explained to me. I HEREBY WAIVE AND RELEASE MY LEGAL RIGHTS TO SUE FOR ANY INJURY OR OTHER DAMAGE ARISING OUT OF OR RESULTING FROM MY VOLUNTEERING.
4. I understand and agree that, Chantilly Grey, does not and shall not carry or maintain health, medical, or disability or Workers Compensation insurance coverage for any Volunteer.
5. I understand and acknowledge that I may decline any volunteer role or position at any time if I feel such role or position presents a risk to health or safety or for any other reason. Volunteer agrees to advise Chantilly Grey of any pre-existing conditions that would preclude involvement in any activity.
6. I FURTHER COVENANT and AGREE NOT TO SUE any of the Released Parties for any of the Claims that I have waived, released, or discharged herein. I AGREE TO INDEMNIFY and HOLD HARMLESS the Released Parties from any and all expenses incurred, Claims made, or liabilities assessed against them, including but not limited to solicitors’ fees and litigation expenses, arising out of or resulting from, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, my breach or failure to abide by any part of this Waiver Agreement, and my actions or inaction which cause injury or damage to any other person.
7. I acknowledge and agree to allow my photographic image, video, likeness and/or voice recording to appear in any documentary, promotional (including advertisements), online, radio or film coverage of the Event without compensation or further notice, and I agree to assign all copyright or other interests therein to Chantilly Grey.
8.Volunteer represents that he/she is 18 years of age or older.
9. If any provision of this Waiver Agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed sever able from this Waiver Agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforce ability of any remaining provision
10. This Volunteer Release and Waiver of Liability shall be construed broadly to provide a release and waiver to the maximum extent permissible under UK law and that this Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the UK.
11. I SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I PERSONALLY HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS ENTIRE DOCUMENT, AND I KNOW, UNDERSTAND, AND APPRECIATE THE RISKS THAT ARE INHERENT IN THE ACTIVITIES I WILL UNDERTAKE AS A VOLUNTEER AND I AGREE TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY IT. I UNDERSTAND THAT I AM PERMANENTLY GIVING UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, MY RIGHT TO SUE. I HEREBY ASSERT THAT MY PARTICIPATION IS VOLUNTARY AND THAT I KNOWINGLY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS.
Thank you for completing this form.
Under the UK Data Protection Act 1988, we follow strict procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us to prevent unauthorised access, and your information will not be disclosed to any third party. We may occasionally request proof of identity before we are able to offer you an opportunity for work experience or to volunteer at events. By disclosing your personal information to us using this form, you consent to the secure collection, storage and processing of your personal information by Chantilly Grey in the manner set out in this privacy statement.